Designed to introduce students to the history, function, structural design, geometry and strength of bridges while providing opportunities for them to increase their understanding of scientific, technical and design concepts. Set includes 207 K'NEX parts – enough to build 13 fully-functioning replicas of real-world structures. Supports 2 - 3 students in groups. Packaged in a strong storage tray with snap-on lid. Includes building instructions and comprehensive teacher's guide on CD, aligned to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math standards for Key stage 1 and 2.
• 207 parts, including special panels, to build 13 different key bridge types, one at a time
• Accommodates 2-3 students working in a team and appropriate for elementary classrooms in grades 3 through 5
• STEM Concepts: bridge types, compression, tension, load, force, stress, cantilever construction, suspension technology and more
• Packaged in a reusable plastic storage tray with a snap-on lid for quick clean-up and easy storage
• Building with K'NEX puts children on a path towards a fundamental understanding of STEAM/STEM subjects.
• K'NEX Education sets come with lesson plans and experiment guides written by educators that feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects.
• All teacher guides and experiment guides are aligned to national standards, including ITEEA, NSES, NCTM, NGSS and Common Core.
• K'NEX Education sets let students build replicas of real-world machines to gain an understanding of the principles that make them work.